Tuesday, June 21, 2011

IT'S MY BOY ROGERS A.K.A GWARIBOY Y'ALL!!! - in the spotlite


Bio
Birth names :Rogers (a.k.a Gwariboy) ,Ishaya, Abielo, Maikila, my mom calls me ‘Mbayo’ I love itJ . a lotta people ask me why ‘Gwariboy’ well I’ll tell more next time.
Born April 19th 1984 so yeah I’m an early eighties baby :p .First born child of 3

How did what you do come about and how long has it been around for?
Like every other unique artiste music has always been a part of me, but professionally I wrote my first song 2003 funny enough it was a rap song coz about that time rap music was the highest influence, I recorded my first song 2 years after, professionally my music’s been around eight years and counting.

Tell us the inspiration behind what you do.
As much as I try to make fictional music to soothe the outside and much larger crowd I just can’t, be it a party song, love, heartbreak, issues or even spiritual it’s personal, so my inspiration comes from what I go through.

Tell us about the struggles/hustles regular youngsters in naija go through just to be heard.
Wow, I’m not sure I’m in the right position to say much about this but I’ll chip in few words, I believe youngsters in the entertainment industry go through a lot to be heard, the most obvious of them all is the tendency of very good soulful, talented, rich filled lyrical upcoming artistes to bend towards the commercial dance hall records, I believe that’s what Nigeria consider HIT RECORDS … lol!

Where do u see yourself in say five or ten years..and your inspirations?

Five or ten years from now? The Guy upstairs got the final say but I sure will be a multi platinum selling artiste then, God willing

i love dis foto.... xoxo

Is there any quote that describes life to you?
Do whatchu gatta do in order to do whatchu wanna do (The Great Debaters).

How receptive/supportive is your family and friends to what you do?
My friends love my music, my family does too. My Dad acts all cool about it like he’s not so into it but I know he’s my biggest fan lol.

How will you define your personality/your birth star?
I’m an Aries so you best know we don’t fake it, an Aries tell it as it is, I sometimes over say some things but I never fake it ,that’s the beauty of a good song and more reason why mine is always from the heart.

Do you hope to create a niche for yourself and stand out in your field? How do you intend to achieve this?
The industry is growing so I’m learning every day. I guess time will tell best but believe me when I say I’m working really hard, speak less show more.

Who are your favorite icons in your field?
Internationally I’ll have to go with R.kelly, The Dream, Ryan Leslie and all time Boys II Men. Back home I’ll go with BankyW, Tuface, Omawumi, Darey, and lately there’s a new artiste in the block who’s fan I’ve become lol talking about Praiz Adejo

What message do you hope to send across to people?
Music is in everyone you just have to discover it and use it positively.

How do you hope to influence young people aspiring to make it in your field?
“Never fake it till you make it”.

What’s your philosophy to life?
Life is a gift, be thankful and live it to the fullest.


What’s your style like? Your field/genre/style.
Like I said earlier on, I started with rap but now I sing lol…Professionally I’m an R&B Artiste but I’m blessed so I’ll have to say I do music, any genre I could send my message across is a go go, lately I’ve been exploring techno and pop X_X
“No matter how dull it sounds, your story is always unique coz it’s never been heard” Rogers

His Music
‘Ground Zero’ prod by roGeRbEat click to listen
‘Kill a Beat’ freestyle click to listen
‘For Love’ Prod. By Supersoniq click to listen
‘In The Mean Time’ prod by roGeRbEat click to listen
 
Contact Details

21 comments:

  1. this guy is a real joker mtchww

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known Rogers since childhood and i believe he is surely going places,big ups brother,all i can say is the sky is your starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur musiq is correct guy,i love ground zero,keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow,i love his music,pls call me 08034576256 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo son i heard ur joints on capital FM,John kendy was slamming'em joints like that's what's up...keep it croc brov...1love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roggy mehnnnnn......good work,im always a big fan,i love in the mean time,i wonder who had you singing such deep lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's my man, the gwariboy himself,good job hommie,we love you and croc city awaits you...peace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abielo,i love this name,i think from now on thats what i will be calling you,love you sweetheart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi love,is jessica from Damansara,cant wait to be in your video,mwahhhxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gwari boy i wanna have your baby, tell the bitch in your life to backdown before she gets shot,you're mine and mine alone baby,our love is undeniable
    i still love you boo

    ReplyDelete
  11. my chairman,your head dey dere,good luck Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  12. he uses autotune too much but hes gat good lyrics,big ups

    ReplyDelete
  13. nigga u went in hard on kill a beat fuuuuuccckkkkkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe in u bro, i knw u wil make it onday...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rawgee boi u keep making us proud,please dont listen to all those people saying nonsense about you,just keep on doing what you know how to do best and the Lord will surely see you through,more power to you in Jesus name,amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes o,see my baby representing kd city,is your darling Aisha Subau

    ReplyDelete
  17. babes im so proud of you,can't wait for you to make it big,love you aka Kitty lol,im sure u know who

    ReplyDelete
  18. gwariboy you're talented,just make sure you put God first in all you do,good songs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww baby i love Harmony,i'll play it when next you come around,love you so much <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love groundzero,it is fresh and undiluted ,good job gwari boy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...