Monday, August 8, 2022

A VISIT TO RED DOOR GALLERY

Have you ever been so bored on a saturday in lagos city you're forced to do something fun? The irony right? But that has been my reality in this boisterous city of Lagos. The Fun is out there and all i have to do is get my self out and into it. That is how this particular day in December of 2021 went. It turned out to be so much fun i wonder why it felt like such a burden at first.

Instinctively, my go-to place to escape boredom-Ville has always been to find something creatively exciting around me and get lost in it. The RED Door Gallery is just a few blocks away from where i live. I pass it on my way to work everyday and just always wonder when I'll find the time to peep in..... one day soon I'll say... oh well. i finally went in.

On display that day was the most vibrant collection of  knuckle-heads I've ever seen, cartoon-like big-headed monsters that caught my color-loving side. I was instantly pulled to it. The gurgled-eyes and larger than life depictions took me back to my Anime loving days. 

I cannot recall the name of the artist for the life of me. My aim however is to journal and share my experience from that day. Getting lost in this art and space was all the Serotonin i did not realize i needed for that day. I am glad i went. Anything is better than having a dampened mood all day.

RED DOOR GALLERY LOCATION:













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...