Saturday, December 17, 2011

PROFILER: its Me'MoThaFuture! everybody!!....



How did it all start and how long has it been around for?
Well I was in a group “S.B.K (Southboi Klick)” But that was in high school, after graduation in 2003 err-one went their separate ways. So I started doing my thing and it’s been 8years for me since the breakup.

Tell us the inspiration behind what you do.
My life, my environment, society, and what i have been through

Tell us about the struggles/hustles regular youngsters in naija go through just to be heard.
For me life is a struggle, so being in an industry that doesn’t really give chance for up comers, makes it even harder than it is already is, so it’s an opportunity. And Nigeria like we know is a difficult place to excel because of the people up there, if you don’t know somebody it’s almost impossible to get out there. And as far as the hustle and pain for youngsters like myself go through to be heard you really don’t want to know.

Where do u see yourself in say five or ten years..and your inspirations?
I usually go with this quote “prepare today for tomorrow” in five or ten years from now I’d like to be in a position where am an entrepreneur you know, that will help the industry, there are a lot of talents out there wasting every day, no support for them. So I hope in 5years time I could be in that position, you feel me.

Is there any quote that describes life to you?
You Are What You Dream... Gatto Believe in those dreams first.

How receptive/supportive is your family & friends to what you do?
My family supports me 100% and my friends, am so lucky to have the set of friends around me at the moment, like they all see the same vision, goals so with them around I can’t do no wrong.

How will you define your personality/your birth star?
Lemme quickly clarify something am a “NERD” like a Verified one, so I don’t know, you can never define me with a pattern, am care free dude, never dressing for the occasion, Not a ladies’ man, shy as F**k (If that's allowed),  I hate parties cause people want to size you up, segregation.

Do you hope to create a niche for yourself and stand out in your field/genre? how do u intend to achieve this?
Yea! We all want to be identified with our own uniqueness; nobody wants to be a duplicate, hell nah not me. So standing out carving a niche for myself, I intend doing that with my style of music which is in its self predefined for my Nerds out there listen.

Who are your favourite icons in your genre?
Growing up in a house where err-one loved Michael Jackson, James Brown, Frank Sinatra and all the other classic dudes, I guess you could say I fell far from the tree. Am a strong Jayz fan in fact in high school I started a church for him with some other dudes...not worshiping him just to show how much I admire the dude, I also go hard with Eminem, Kanye, Loso, Lil’wayne, Nas, Canibus, J.Cole, XV alot of people don’t know em but xv is my dude just got signed with Warner bros music, and I also like Naeto C my favourite rapper in this part of the world.

What message do you hope to send across to people?
Hopefully my music will reach their ears and they can pick out the positives, coz am a cautious rapper. So when I write my songs I always try to make sure everyone can relate to it.

How do you hope to influence young people aspiring to make it in your genre?
I really don’t want to influence anyone with my music to be honest, as I believe we all have our own beliefs so would be wrong trying to influence someone else’s, You can only try to reach them with positive and inspirational words through the music you make. For me I only hope when they listen to my song they’ll appreciate the fact that I put my all and they can do the same with theirs and impact the same knowledge

What’s your philosophy to life?
Life’s a climb, but the view is beautiful. Always believe you can achieve even if it seems like a distant dream, go for it. Don’t stop, keep pushing till you get it. That’s my philosophy to life, that’s what keeps me going.

What’s your style like?
You could classify my music in the Hiphop Category. But I also mix it with a little garage and futuristic feel too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...