Thursday, February 23, 2012

PROFILER: ONE ON ONE WITH THE ADORABLE AND TALENTED KIKI OF GLAM BY KIKI


Kiki CEO, Glam By Kiki
Bio
My name is Kiki Omolola Akinbohun am 22 yrs old. I am a fashion designer. I own my clothing line called Glam By Kiki, and I’m from Ondo state Nigeria.

How did your brand come about, how long it's been around for.
Officially launched my clothing line on the 29th of October, 2011, but I’ve had this strong passion for fashion in me for as long as I can remember.

Tell us the inspiration behind what you do.
I used to dress up my Barbie dolls when I was young and I always wanted to look different every time we went out for parties and church activities. People use to call me shakara every time I was out with my family. My mum has and is still into textile business, so I have also known about different kinds of fabrics too. Every piece of fabric I come across inspires me, from the patterns to the colours. And the smile and compliments I get when people wear or see my pieces just makes me want to get better.


Tell us about the struggles/hustles regular youngsters in naija go through just to be heard
Looking good is serious business buh when it comes to this country, getting variety of unique fabric is so challenging, the most important thing a designer needs to interpret his/her design is the fabric and laying your hands on certain fabrics in the part of the world is really difficult expect for our locally made Ankara which makes your design monotonous. Aside this is electricity and finding  dedicated workers as well.

Where do you see yourself in five or ten years time?
I see my brand becoming a household name in Nigeria and beyond.

How receptive/supportive is your family & friends to what you do?
God has blessed me with the most understanding, supportive and God fearing family. And my friends have been my driving force as well.

How will you define your personality/your birth star?
I am Sagittarius. Sagittarius women are independent and very classy women that love attention.

Do you hope to create a niche for yourself and stand out in your field? How do you hope to achieve this?
Yes, I intend to make people relate with my brand as very classy, colorful, edgy and fashion forward.

Who are your favorite icons in your field/genre?
Alexander McQueen, Oscar de la Renta, Victoria Beckham, Deola Sagoe form Nigeria.

How do you hope to influence young people aspiring to make it in your field/genre?
Every dream can be achieved as long as you are determined and focused. Above all put your trust in God.

What’s your philosophy to life?
We are nothing without God.

What’s your style like?
My style is edgy, classy, glamorous and sexy, fashion conscious.

Models:L - R Margaret, Amina, Kiki
Photography: Jorge Wong Photography
 
Start Making your orders now....
You can contact Kiki:
Twitter: @D_enchantress 
For any other enquires follow:
follow Awele @slimzyy
Amina @meenajayy
No. 3 Jima Street Wuse Zone 6 Abuja
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...